Information and Support
1919 University Ave W, Ste 500, St. Paul, MN, 55104-3453
Distance: 1015 Miles
Travel Information: We are located on the 12th Floor of the Wells Fargo Place building.
Learn more about a specific topic and how to connect to additional services.
The AARP gathers and publishes a wide variety of multimedia, print and online resources for older adults.
* AARP Bulletin Today is a web-based news bulletin/newspaper for people over 50. The information is pulled from the major newspapers across the state and presented on one website.
* Online tools for health, money, work, retirement, insurance, caregiving, and more: https://www.aarp.org/tools/?intcmp=FTR-LINKS-ACT-TOOLS-EWHERE
* Information on health and wellness, aging, work, insurance, caregiving, social security
* Public policy and advocacy information
The AARP highlights information collections for specific communities, including:
* Minnesota community: http://states.aarp.org/region/minnesota
* Asian community: http://www.aarp.org/home-family/voices/asian-community/?cmp=RDRCT-AE-ASNCOMMUNITY-022216
* Black community: http://www.aarp.org/home-family/voices/black-community/?intcmp=FTR-LINKS
* In Spanish: http://www.aarp.org/espanol/?intcmp=FTR-LINKS
* Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender (LGBT) Community and Friends: http://www.aarp.org/home-family/voices/lgbt-pride/?intcmp=FTR-LINKS
- Older adults
Most resources are available to everyone.
Some resources are specifically for members - anyone 50 or older can join.
Most information is free, some requires membership.
Membership fees are $16/year, with discounts for purchasing multiple years at a time and many discounts available on daily life and aging purchases.
8:00am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday
|Toll Free - National||(888) 687-2277|
|Toll Free - Spanish Line||(877) 342-2277|
|Toll Free - TTY||(877) 434-7598|
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
LH-2700.2500General Health Education Programs Definition
Programs that provide information that helps the public make choices which promote personal health, prevent illness and disability, take advantage of opportunities for early detection, and support their ability to deal effectively with health problems when they arise. General health education programs provide information about a wide variety of health related topics rather than specializing in a particular area.
TJ-3000.8000Specialized Information and Referral Definition
Programs that maintain information about community resources that are appropriate for a specific target group or human services sector (for example, youth programs or addiction services) and which link individuals who are in need of specialized services with appropriate resources and/or which provide information about community agencies and organizations that offer specialized services.
YB-8000Older Adults Definition
Individuals who are age 50, 55, 60, 62 or 65 or older depending on the minimum age for qualifying as an older adult which varies by program.
YH-0500Asian Community Definition
Individuals whose nationality, ethnic background and cultural ancestry are those of one of the countries and peoples of the continent of Asia.
YH-6000.0250African American Community Definition
Americans of Black African descent who identify themselves as African American through a common cultural heritage and experience.
YH-6000.3100Hispanic/Latino Community Definition
Americans of Spanish or Latin American descent. Latin America is a geographic and cultural region comprising 18 Spanish-speaking countries, Brazil, and Haiti, or generally the areas which Spain and Portugal colonized in the Americas.
YL-3500.7000Retired People Definition
Individuals who have reached either a mandatory retirement age or who have made a decision to retire early, and are no longer seeking employment. Some nominally retired persons may engage in part-time work for economic or other reasons.
YT-2400LGBTQ Individuals Definition
People who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, two-spirit or queer, or who are in the process of coming out or questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity.
YZ-6100Older Adult/Aging Issues Definition
Programs that provide information and/or services that deal with the topic of older adults and their interests.