Anoka County Health and Human Services
Adult Mental Health
2100 3rd Ave, Ste 400, Anoka, MN, 55303
Distance: 2426 Miles
The Anoka County Adult Mental Health Unit assists adults with mental illness in the following ways:
* Provides information and referral, screening, case management, and other support services
* Connects individuals to resources in the community
* Contracts for Crisis Services and Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Services
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
|Main - Administrative||(763) 324-4000|
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- Adult Foster Care (AFC) and Community Residential Setting (CRS) Licensing
- Adult Protective Services (APS)
- Apply for Waiver Programs
- Child Foster Care (CFC) Licensing
- Child Protective Services (CPS)
- Children's Mental Health
- Consumer Support Grant (CSG) Program
- County Programs for Families
- County Programs for Food Support
- County Programs for Health Care Financial Assistance
- County Programs for Income Assistance
- County Programs for People with Disabilities
- Emergency Assistance
- Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP)
- Family Support Grant (FSG)
- Find Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- Housing Support
- MnCHOICES Assessment and Support Planning
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers
- Social Security Advocacy Services
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
RM-6500.1500Community Mental Health Agencies Definition
Community-based outpatient facilities that offer individual, group, conjoint and family counseling, therapy groups, medication and other mental health services for community residents, especially those who are indigent, who have acute or chronic psychiatric disorders or who may be experiencing difficulty resolving personal or interpersonal conflicts or making personal adjustments to stressful life situations such as separation, divorce, loss of a spouse or a child, poor health, unemployment, family violence, delinquency or substance abuse. Included may be city and county-operated and nonprofit facilities.
RP-5000.5000Mental Health Screening Definition
Programs that offer simple tests that people who are concerned about their emotional health can take to learn more about their symptoms and ways of coping with them. Individuals generally have an opportunity to see a film and/or hear a talk about the causes, symptoms and treatment of specific mental health problems; complete a screening questionnaire; and talk about the results with a mental health professional. People who test positively are encouraged to seek further evaluation and, potentially, treatment. Most mental health screenings are confidential and available at no cost. Mental health screenings may also be available by telephone or online.
RR-5150Mental Health Information/Education Definition
Programs that provide information through a variety of channels that improves the public's understanding of mental health and mental illness; the nature, etiology, diagnosis and treatment or management of specific mental disorders; and strategies for reducing the incidence of problems where possible. Mental health education programs help people make informed decisions about matters that affect their personal mental health and that of others. They inform the public of the risk factors and signs of mental health problems, encourage people to take advantage of early detection programs, help people modify behaviors that compromise their own mental health and provide support for family members and friends who are coping with mental illness or other mental health issues that have affected a loved one.
RR-8500Therapy Referrals Definition
Programs that link people who are in need of counseling services with private therapists who are qualified in the desired area of specialization.
Individuals who are age 18 and older but who are not yet considered older adults.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.