Arrowhead Economic Opportunity Agency (AEOA)
Two Harbors Office
2124 10th St, Norden Ind. Park, Two Harbors, MN, 55616-5046
Distance: 998 Miles
Employment preparation and career training program that provides experience or vocational education for the work associated with a certain type of job
Job training services are available from several programs.
The Dislocated Worker program helps workers get back to work as quickly as possible after a lay off. If you have been laid off (or notified that a lay-off is coming) through no fault of your own, these free services prepare you to find a suitable new job.
* Layoff/job loss counseling
* Career planning and counseling
* Job search and placement
* Counselor-approved training
* Adult education and literacy
* Occupational skills training
* Other support services
Licenses and Certifications
- Community Action Partnership
Office Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday;
Food Shelf: 10:00am - 4:00pm, Tuesday
|Energy Assistance Program||(844) 568-0149|
|Toll Free||(800) 223-1850|
|Two Harbors RSVP||(218) 834-2280|
- Aitkin Office 20 Third St NE, Aitkin, MN, 56431-1413
- Cloquet CareerForce Center 14 N 11th St, Ste 140, Cloquet, MN, 55720-1652
- Duluth CareerForce Center 402 W 1st St, Duluth, MN, 55802-1516
- Ely Government Services Center 320 Miners Dr E, Ely, MN, 55731-1061
- Grand Marais CareerForce Center 101 W 5th St, Grand Marais, MN, 55604-1337
- Grand Rapids CareerForce Center 1215 SE 2nd Ave, Grand Rapids, MN, 55744-3982
- Hibbing CareerForce Center 3920 13th Ave E, Hibbing, MN, 55746-3672
- International Falls CareerForce Center 1501 Highway 71, Rm SC128, Rainy River Community College, International Falls, MN, 56649-2160
- Virginia CareerForce Center 820 9th St N, Virginia, MN, 55792-2300
- Virginia Office 702 S 3rd Ave, Virginia, MN, 55792
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
ND-2000.3480Job Retraining Definition
Programs that provide training that is designed to enable employees to perform a job that their previous training has not equipped them for or to adapt to changes in the workplace. Retraining may be needed when new methods or equipment are introduced or when jobs for which employees have trained are phased out. It may also be provided by employers or governments for employees who have been laid off and are no longer able to find employment using the skills they already possess. The need for retraining may arise because of a decline in a particular industry sector or because of rapid technological change.
ND-3500Job Finding Assistance Definition
Programs that help people identify and secure paid employment opportunities that match their aptitude, qualifications, experience and interests.
ND-6500.1860Displaced Worker Employment Programs Definition
Programs that provide vocational assessment, job development, job training, job search, job placement, specialized job situations and/or other supportive services for individuals who are unable to continue in a particular job, industry or profession because the needs of society have changed and the person's skills are no longer required. Included are services for people who have been permanently laid off because of plant closings, outsourcing of jobs to other countries, reductions in the work force, declines in business activities and other factors in situations where reemployment within their industry is unlikely.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.
YL-3500.1910Displaced Workers Definition
Individuals who are unable to continue in a particular job, industry or profession because the needs of society have changed and the person's skills are no longer required.