Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
Connect America - Bala Cynwyd
1 Belmont Ave, Fl 12, Bala Cynwyd, PA, 19004
Distance: 393 Miles
Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS) are electronic devices for older adults and people with disabilities to easily call for help in an emergency.
The person may also wear a portable "help" button to allow for mobility. The system is connected to the user's phone and programmed to alert a response center once the "help" button is activated. The response center is staffed by trained professionals.
* Personal Emergency Response Systems: Landline, Cellular, Mobile and GPS and Fall detection
* Medication Management: Landline and Cellular
About This Location
If you have a waiver or the Alternative Care Program covered costs include: purchase of equipment, installation, and monthly service charge.
If you have disability waiver funding, the service plan (based on an assessment of your needs) determines which services are funded through your waiver.
24-hour emergency response equipment like the Personal Emergency Response Equipment can be paid for through the Elderly Waiver and Alternative Care Program with the service called Specialized Supplies and Equipment.
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers, the Alternative Care Program, and Essential Community Supports in the Community-Based Services Manual.
Licenses and Certifications
- Approved by DHS as Meeting State Standards
- Alternative Care Waiver (AC)
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
- Essential Community Supports (ECS)
- Private pay
Waiver Service Specialties
- Emergency Response System - Installation
- Emergency Response System - Monthly Service Fee
- Emergency Response System - Purchase
- Connect America - Long Island City 3636 33rd St, Ste 103, Long Island City, NY, 11106
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
PH-1800.6260Personal Alarm Systems Definition
Programs that provide electronic equipment which connects frail elderly individuals, people who have disabilities or people at risk of violence from an ex-partner with the police, participating hospitals, paramedics or other sources of emergency assistance.