D. W. Jones Management, Inc.
Rural Subsidized Housing for Families
Birchwood Apartments - Grand Marais
801 W 5th St, Grand Marais, MN, 55604-3203
Distance: 409 Miles
Privately owned building whose owner contracts with United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Development to receive rental subsidies. Property owner/manager must follow USDA regulations. The government gives funds directly to the apartment owners, who lower the rents they charge tenants with low-income. This type of affordable housing is specifically for individuals or families. The rental cost for some units is determined based on the resident's income.
Must meet income guidelines. To determine eligibility, select the state, then find the county or metropolitan area you are interested in, and go to the column for your family size. Households who fall into the "Very Low Income", "Low Income", and "Moderate Income" groupings are eligible for rental housing subsidized by the USDA. Priority may be given to lower income households if there is a waiting list for the property. There are additional guidelines for determining priority on a waiting list.
This type of housing is specifically for individuals and families. Individual properties may have additional eligibility requirements.
Primarily serves Wadena county residents that are income eligible
To obtain an application, contact the management company responsible for the property at which you intend to apply. To find properties in Minnesota, visit the USDA Rural Development website and click on Minnesota. Click on a county to find a list of properties. Click on a property to obtain the contact information for the management company.
The information for each property includes the "complex type," which is Elderly, Family or Congregate housing. If the complex type is listed as Family, it is available for families as well as single-person households and elderly or disabled households.
Or you can contact the Minnesota USDA Rural Development State Office at (651) 602-7800.
8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday
Primarily serves the Cook County Area
|Main||(218) 547-3307||8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday|
- Birch Lake Apartments 213 Hwy 371 N, Hackensack, MN, 56452
- Blueberry Hills Apartments 420 - 422 1st St NE, Menahga, MN, 56464
- Brooten Area Farm Labor Housing 210 Industry Dr, Brooten, MN, 56316
- Brooten Area Housing 215 Western Ave S, Brooten, MN, 56316-4699
- Cedar Street Apartments 11 Cedar St NW, Remer, MN, 56672
- Country Terrace Apartments 432, 438 Pine Ave S, Motley, MN, 56466-9049
- Greentree Square II 1100 - 1104 Barrette St, Crookston, MN, 56716
- Mayview Manor Apartments 914 Lake May Dr, Walker, MN, 56484
- McCarthy Apartments 505 Heartland St, Park Rapids, MN, 56470
- Mountain Manor Apartments 5700 Mountain Ave, Mountain Iron, MN, 55768
- Northland Apartments 606 Grant St SE, Warroad, MN, 56763
- Park Terrace Apartments 521 5th St NW, Mahnomen, MN, 56557
- Parkview Housing I and II 510 - 514 Heartland St, Park Rapids, MN, 56470-1202
- Pineview Manor Apartments 181 Northern Ave, Blackduck, MN, 56630
- Prairie Rose Apartments 200 - 209 9th St SW, Red Lake Falls, MN, 56750
- Prairieland Duplexes 1304 Prairie Rose Ave, Crookston, MN, 56716-2682
- Ridgeview I Apartments 727 - 805 Walnut St, Brainerd, MN, 56401
- Ridgeview II Apartments 810 Walnut St, Brainerd, MN, 56401
- Ridgeway Court III 910 - 922 30th St NW, Bemidji, MN, 56601-2176
- Ridgeway Court IV 914 30th St NW, Bemidji, MN, 56601
- River Heights Apartments 1000 Minnesota Ave S, Aitkin, MN, 56431
- Riverview - Hilltop Apartments 201 5th St SW, Sebeka, MN, 56477-2724
- Southside Square Apartments 507 7th Ave SE, Roseau, MN, 56751-1631
- Westside Manor Apartments 205 5th St SW, Baudette, MN, 56623
- Woodland Manor Apartments 1444 SE 2nd Ave, Grand Rapids, MN, 55744
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-7000.4600-450Low Income/Subsidized Private Rental Housing Definition
Privately owned rental housing that is made available to low-income individuals and families at reduced rates based on a contract between HUD or the state housing authority and the property owner. Subsidies are paid directly to the owner of the property who then rents units to income-eligible individuals and families. Also included are low-cost or below market rate housing that is operated or sponsored by religious or charitable organizations for the benefit of low-income individuals and families; and rental housing targeted to lower income households that has been purchased, rehabilitated or constructed by developers who are receiving a federal income tax credit under the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program or are participants in other similar affordable housing incentive programs. Some privately owned rental units that were developed or improved with public funds are also required to rent a designated number of units at reduced prices to people who meet low-income eligibility requirements until the federal or state loans are paid. Some complexes or housing units may be reserved for low-income older adults, people with disabilities and/or other special populations. Included are income-based rental housing where tenants pay rent that is geared to their income; as well as fixed below market rate rental housing where rent is lower than what people would normally pay renting the unit but is based on a specified percentage of the median income for the area rather than on a percentage of an individual's actual income, and tenants may have to be within a specified income range to live there. Rental amounts and the level of "affordability" may vary considerably among programs.