Dorsch Deanna L
Family Residential Services
324 S Hill St, La Crescent, MN, 55947
Distance: 1362 Miles
Family Residential Services covers training and/or habilitation, ongoing residential care, and supportive services. Services are offered in a licensed family foster care setting, where the license holder resides in the home. The services are individualized and based on the person's needs, as identified in the support plan.
About This Location
Services may include increasing and maintaining the person's physical, intellectual, emotional, and social function in the following areas:
* Assistance with activities of daily living
* Communication skills
* Community participation and mobility
* Health care
* Household management
* Interpersonal skills
* Leisure and recreation
* Medication oversight to the extent permitted under state law (e.g., Minn. Stat. 245D.05)
* Money management
* Positive behavior and mental health support
* Sensory and motor development
Setting licenses/services models:
* A licensed family foster care setting where the license holder resides in the home. A setting can be licensed as an adult family foster care setting and/or a child family foster care setting.
* Life sharing: A relationship-based living arrangement that carefully matches an adult age 18 or older who has a disability with an individual or family who will share their life and experiences and support the person using person-centered practices. In this arrangement, Family Residential Services can be authorized for ongoing support services. For more information, see the life-sharing section.
Difference between Community Residential Services and Family Residential Services:
* Family Residential Services are provided in a licensed family foster care setting where the license holder resides in the home. For more information, see see CBSM – Family residential services.
* Community Residential Services are provided in a corporate foster care or community residential setting, using a shift-staff model.
Family Residential Services can be delivered through remote support. Services delivered through remote support must meet all the requirements listed on CBSM – Remote support.
Additional policy including service limitation. provider qualifications and additional information about community residential services for adults/children can be found in the CBSM - Community residential services.
Area Served by County
- Houston County
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
- Adults with disabilities
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-8400.6000-020Adult Foster Homes Definition
Agency-supervised private family homes that provide alternative family living arrangement for older adults or adults with disabilities who need supervision and personal care (but generally not nursing care) and who do not live with their families. The arrangement provides an opportunity for the individual to become a participating member of the family and the community in which the family resides, and to share in the interaction and responsibilities of being a part of a family. Foster care for older adults and/or people with disabilities may not be available in all states; and some jurisdictions may permit the provision of rehabilitation services, nursing care and other medical services. Some adult foster homes may specialize in providing care for adults with developmental disabilities, Alzheimer's disease, mental health issues or other specific conditions. Licensing requirements vary considerably from area to area.