Registered Housing with Services Establishment - Assisted Living Designation
1801 Collegeway, Worthington, MN, 56187-3075
Distance: 944 Miles
This provider is registered as a "Housing with Services Establishment" by the Minnesota Department of Health. It has indicated it meets state requirements as an "Assisted Living."
The Registered Housing with Services - Assisted Living Designation is a residential building similar to an apartment, condominium, or multi-person home where residents can get meals, help with eating, bathing, dressing, grooming, and receive health care services. Staff is available 24 hours every day to respond to residents with health and safety needs. Help with taking medicine, meals, laundry, and housekeeping may be available. Each building will also make available help with at least three of the following activities of daily living: bathing, dressing, grooming, eating, transferring, continence care, and toileting. Health care is provided through contracts or arrangements with home care providers.
The provider must prepare a written contract with each resident and the contract must address the 17 points required by MN Statutes 144D.04, Housing with Services Registration law.
A Uniform Consumer Information Guide outlining the services provided should be available to anyone upon request to the establishment management.
Services included at no extra charge:
* Flat linen laundry
* Van service in town
* General maintenance
* 24-hour personal care staff
* Two meals a day
Home Health Care Services for an additional fee
Other services for a fee:
* Cable television
* Hair salon
This facility offers Alzheimer's / memory care. The memory care community features 14 suites and is staffed with specially trained licensed nurses and caregivers.
About This Location
A Uniform Consumer Information Guide (UCIG) is available for this location.
Building response system:
The following is additional information about the building's response system, such as how clients call for assistance, who responds, and where they are located: There is emergency response equipment in all units and common areas. A resident pushes either the button in their apartment or one they are provided to wear. This rings to a pager carried by staff 24/7 and gives the location of the call.
Minnesota law requires establishments to have a system to check on each client at least daily. This building's system is: If the resident does not come down at meal time, they are called. If no answer,
someone checks the apartment to assure that everything is alright. We also ask residents to sign out when leaving the building.
Home Care Services are provided by:
Name: Ecumen Worthington The Meadows
Address: 1801 Collegeway, Worthington, MN 56187
Class F Home Care Provider
Minnesota law requires establishments using the phrase Assisted Living to make available an RN assessment at the time of or prior to move in. Contact Mary Lubben, RN to make arrangements for this assessment.
- Accessible elevator
- Accessible public restroom
At Home Services
- Treatment and/or exercise cues or reminders available day, evening, additional charge
- Activity room
- Fitness center/exercise room
- Internet access
- Private entertaining space
- Assistance with community resources available days: 5 days; included in base rate
- Social events available days: 7 days; included in base rate
Controlled Access and Safety Features
- Other lock system
- Diabetic diet
- Eating assistance with complicating eating problems available day, evening, night, additional charge
- Low sodium
- Special diet - accommodated available day, evening, additional charge
Housing Unit Amenities
- Air conditioning - central air
- Garage parking
- Guest accommodations
- Laundry - in-unit dryer
- Laundry - in-unit washer
- Laundry room
- Smoking - not permitted in tenant's rooms/apartments
- Utility included in rent - cable/satellite TV
Housing Unit Types
- 1 bedroom unit apartment with private bath; 595 to 845 square feet; monthly base rate from $2,909 to $3,227 a month
- 2 bedroom unit apartment with private bath; 820 to 995 square feet; monthly base rate from $3,286 to $3,906 a month
- Private room with private bath; 325 to 325 square feet; monthly base rate from $5,350 to $5,350 a month
- Studio/efficiency apartment with private bath; 440 to 440 square feet; monthly base rate from $2,516 to $2,569 a month
- Home delivered meals available days: 7 days; additional charge
- Blood glucose testing available day, evening, night, additional charge
- Injections - insulin available day, evening, night, additional charge
- Injections - other available day, evening, night, additional charge
- Medication administration available day, evening, night, additional charge
- Medication reminders available day, evening, night, additional charge
- Personal care/home health
- Staff: Licensed Practical Nurse - on site available day, may require additional charge
- Staff: Registered Nurse on-site available day, evening, night, may require additional charge
- Staff: Trained staff or home health aide on-site available day, evening, night, additional charge
- Medicaid (Medical Assistance) reimbursement programs like Elderly/CADI Waiver for services
- Bathing available day, evening, night, additional charge
- Dressing available day, evening, night, additional charge
- Eating available day, evening, night, additional charge
- Grooming available day, evening, night, additional charge
- Standby assistance available day, evening, night, additional charge
- Toileting available day, evening, night, additional charge
- Transferring available day, evening, night, additional charge
- Pets - allowed
- Pets - allowed with additional deposit
Schedule of Meals Served
- Breakfast available days: 7 days- 2 meals a day included; included in base rate
- Lunch available days: 7 days- 2 meals a day included; included in base rate
- Snacks available days: 7 days; included in base rate
- Supper/dinner available days: 7 days- 2 meals a day included; included in base rate
- 24 hours a day
Specialized Cognitive Care Program
- Special care program for memory loss, memory problems, dementia, or Alzheimer's
- Arranges for clients available days: 5 days; included in base rate
- Provided for clients available days: 5 days w/in city limits & 8-4:30; included in base rate
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
|20011||Registered Assisted Living Provider||Minnesota Department of Health (MDH)||https://www.health.state.mn.us/facilities/regulation/hws/index.html|
Age 55 and older who can live independently or need services to age in place.
Call for more information about openings.
Nobles County and 30 mile radius.
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-8400.6000-060Assisted Living Facilities Definition
Residential facilities specially constructed or converted to combine housing and supportive services in a "homelike" environment with the goal of maximizing the individual functioning and autonomy of residents. Assisted living facilities generally have private apartment-style accommodations with walk in showers, wide doors for wheelchair access, emergency pull cord systems and other special amenities; and offer the individualized array of personal care services which will allow each resident to function as independently as possible. Services vary from facility to facility, but usually include three meals a day with special diets, as required; housekeeping and linen services; personal laundry; social and recreational activities; transportation to medical appointments, stores and community services; money management assistance; assistance with toileting, bathing, grooming, dressing, mobility and other activities of daily living; medication management and administration; therapy and pharmacy services; and wellness and exercise programs. Assisted living facilities may be licensed by the state or may not require a license depending on the area in which they are located.
YF-3000.0440Alzheimer's Disease Definition
An age-related, non-reversible brain disorder that develops over a period of years. Initially, people experience memory loss and confusion, which may be mistaken for the kinds of memory changes that are sometimes associated with normal aging. The symptoms gradually lead to behavior and personality changes, a decline in cognitive abilities such as decision-making and language skills and problems recognizing family and friends; and ultimately to a severe loss of mental function. Alzheimer's disease is one of a group of disorders called dementias that are characterized by cognitive and behavioral problems. It is the most common cause of dementia among people age 65 and older.
An acquired reduction in mental capacity that is characterized by impairment of memory, judgment and intellectual functioning which is often accompanied by behavioral disturbances.
Write a Review
Who are you?
Error: Required Field
You must enter a value for other is chosen relationship is Other