Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa
Weatherization Assistance Program
Fond Du Lac - Min No Aya Win Human Services Center
927 Trettel Ln, Cloquet, MN, 55720-1345
Distance: 1139 Miles
Travel Information: The Min No Aya Win Human Services Center is located just off Big Lake Road, approximately 1.5 miles west of the Highway 33 and Big Lake Road intersection in Cloquet, MN. Min No Aya Win is approximately 1 mile east of the Fond du Lac Tribal Center and the Fond du Lac Ojibwe School.
Provides services to income-qualified homeowners and renters to reduce energy bills by making homes more energy efficient while protecting the health and safety of household members
Local Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) providers evaluate potential weatherization work by conducting an energy audit and home assessment. The assessment determines the most cost-effective energy efficient improvements for your home.
Services may include:
* Exterior wall and attic insulation
* Air infiltration and bypass sealing
* Test, repair, and/or replace home mechanical systems to ensure efficiency and safety
* Education on how you can reduce energy usage in your home
- Native American Community
Households at or below 200% of Federal Poverty Income Guidelines. Priority is given to households with:
* Elderly or disabled family members
* Children 18 years of age or younger
* High energy consumption
* High energy burden
* Family members receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) within the last 12 months
Please note that the wait time for assistance, after eligibility has been determined, varies between local WAP providers.
Complete one of the following applications and mail it to your local energy assistance provider.
Minnesota residents may also obtain an application and more information by calling (800) 657-3710.
Services are provided free of cost.
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Fond Du Lac Reservation
|Crisis Line||(218) 348-1817|
|Toll free||(888) 888-6007|
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS)
- Apply for Waiver Programs
- Child Care Assistance Program
- Child Protective Services (CPS)
- Counseling Services
- Dental Clinic
- Diabetes Program
- Domestic Violence Support Services
- Energy Assistance Program
- Families First
- Find Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- Fitness Program
- Food Shelf
- Foster Care Licensing
- Information and Support - Individuals with Criminal Histories
- Maternal Child Health
- Medication Disposal
- Public Health Nursing
- Public Health Services for Elders
- Stop Smoking Program
- Tribal Operations
- Wellness Program
- WIC - Supplemental Nutrition Program
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-3000.1800-950Weatherization Programs Definition
Programs that provide assistance in the form of labor and supplies to help people improve the energy efficiency of their homes and protect them from the elements. The program provides ceiling insulation, attic venting, double glazed windows, weather-stripping, minor housing envelope repairs, low-flow showerheads, evaporative cooler vent covers, water heater blankets, pipe wrap, duct wrap, switch and outlet gaskets, caulking, and other related energy conservation measures. Weatherization programs may have age, income, disability or other eligibility requirements.
Programs that pay for or provide new or reconditioned heating systems. Furnaces are powered by wood, coal, oil, propane, natural gas or electricity and pump heated air throughout a home or other building using a system of ducts. Some systems heat water which circulates through radiators. Included are programs that provide grants or loans for furnace replacement.
YH-6000.6000Native American Community Definition
Individuals whose ethnic background and ancestry are that of the tribal, aboriginal peoples who originated in what is now the United States. Included are Native Americans who are living on or off reservations in rural and urban areas.