Skip to main content

Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED)

Employment Support for Veterans

332 Minnesota St, Ste E200, St. Paul, MN, 55101

Distance: 897 Miles

(888) 438-5627


Service Details


Employment preparation program that helps veterans transition from military to civilian employment

Additional Information

Specially trained Veterans Employment Representatives can assist eligible veterans with a variety of specialized employment and training services.

Minnesota's Veterans Employment Representatives work with local businesses and veterans to provide:
* Help with developing resumes and cover letters
* General job search guidance
* Information on licensure, certification and apprenticeships
* Explaining employment benefits, rights and preferences for veterans
* Direct referrals to job openings
* Referrals to other state and federal agencies for additional services

Helps disabled Veterans find jobs.

Specialists work closely with individuals to:
* Develop and execute a job search strategy
* Resumes
* Interviewing skills
* Networking
* Use of social media
* Direct referral to employers with available jobs

Workshops help veterans decide about education and employment. Finding employment after military service is an important part of making the shift from military to work and home

Comprehensive workshops will help veterans take stock of their current situation, explore career options, set goals, make achievable plans and develop the job research and job-seeking skills needed to turn those plans into reality.

Participants receive detailed information about:
* How to assess individual skills and talents
* How to write effective resumes and cover letters
* How to conduct successful job searches
* Proper interviewing techniques
* Licensing and certification requirements
* Current labor market conditions
* Key contacts for veteran's benefits


  • Specialization
    • Veteran 


To qualify for veterans employment services veterans must:
* Have served more than 180 consecutive days on active duty (not for Reserve or National Guard training) and been discharged or released with other than a dishonorable discharge, or
* Have served on active duty and been released because of a service-connected disability, illness or injury, or
* Have been a member of a reserve component under an order to active duty, served on active duty during war or in a campaign or expedition, and been discharged or released from duty with other than dishonorable discharge, or
* Be the spouse of any veteran living or deceased who qualifies for benefits.

To receive services, veterans must register with a CareerForce Center.

Veterans employment representatives can help you if you have been discharged or left active duty in the last three years; have significant challenges finding or keeping a job; or have a service-connected disability

Application Instructions

For help with transitioning contact your local TVSO or CVSO or Scott Mills or email: or (651) 259-7511

Area Served



Phone Numbers

Type Number Hours
Toll Free for Greater Minnesota Area (800) 657-3858
TTY (651) 296-3900
Twin Cities (651) 259-7114

Last Update


Other Locations

This provider does not offer this service at other locations.

Taxonomy Terms Used. Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.