Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS)
Adult Mental Health Programs and Services
540 Cedar St, St. Paul, MN, 55155
The Mental Health Division provides funding for mental health treatment services. It sets standards of care and works with partners and providers to deliver mental health services within Minnesota.
Programs and services include:
* Emergency mental health services
* Short-term hospital inpatient treatment
* Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services
* Assertive Community Treatment
* Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinics
* Certified Peer Specialist
* Crisis response
* Culturally-Specific Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Services Grant Program
* Day treatment
* Dialectical Behavior Therapy - Intensive Outpatient Treatment
* Education and prevention services
* Employment services
* First episode psychosis
* Residential Treatment Services
* Mental Health - Targeted Case Management
* Outpatient services
* Partial hospitalization program
* Traditional Healing for Native Communities
A directory of adult mental health crisis phone numbers in Minnesota is available online.
For non-crisis services, contact your health care provider or your local county or tribal human services office.
|Main - DHS Information Desk||(651) 431-2000|
|Speech-to-Speech relay||(877) 627-3848|
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- Adult Protection
- Aging Services
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division
- Caregiver Education and Training – Online Dementia Training
- Child Protection
- Child Support Division
- Children's Mental Health Programs
- Economic Assistance and Food Programs
- Find a Children's Therapeutic Services and Support (CTSS) Provider
- Find a State Approved Gambling Treatment Provider
- Foster Care
- Housing Benefits 101 (HB101)
- Housing Services
- Long Term Services and Supports for People with Disabilities
- Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP)
- Minnesota Senior Health Options (MSHO) and Minnesota Senior Care Plus (MSC+)
- Nursing Home Programs
- Prepaid Medical Assistance Program (PMAP)
- Special Needs BasicCare (SNBC)
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
DF-4500.2000-300Health Facility Licensing Definition
Programs that establish and enforce health, safety and program standards for health care and mental health facilities, review applications for licenses, issue or deny licenses, inspect facilities for compliance with requirements and revoke licenses or bring disciplinary action for noncompliance. Included are programs that provide licensing for general acute care hospitals, acute psychiatric hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, intermediate care facilities, home health agencies, personal care agencies, hospice facilities, employer/employee clinics, rehabilitation clinics, community clinics, surgical clinics, and chronic dialysis clinics.
HH-0500.1600-650Professional Continuing Education Definition
Programs, usually offered as adjuncts to community college, college or university programs but also through other community organizations that have made arrangements with an educational institution to grant continuing education credits (CEU's), that provide courses which focus on improving the professional skills of participants. Students receive no academic credit for their work but may be able to use earned credits to advance in their careers.
TD-0300.8000State Government Agencies/Departments Definition
The principal executive divisions of state government in the United States including state offices, departments, divisions, bureaus, boards and commissions, that are responsible, by law, for the management and control of public business and property.
TD-1200.2500Governmental Contracts/Grants Offices Definition
City, county, state or federal government offices that are responsible for handling grants and contracts for the provision of services.
TD-6500Planning/Coordinating/Advisory Groups Definition
Governing boards, advisory boards, commissions, committees and other groups that provide advice, guidance and, in some cases, formal oversight, for public and private organizations that are responsible for the provision of services to the community; that assess existing social conditions and problems and develop and assist in the implementation of specific strategies for meeting the human service needs of the community; and/or which assist community agencies and organizations to coordinate the provision of services in an efficient, nonduplicative way. Also included are entities that are composed of community agencies which have an established networking relationship that provides a collaborative approach to addressing specific identified community needs and problems.
YAAgencies/Organizations as Recipients Definition
Organizations, as opposed to individuals, that are the recipients of services, donated materials, funding or other resources.
YO-5000Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Occupations Definition
Individuals whose occupations are concerned with helping people deal with psychological, emotional and social problems or providing support for individuals who have an alcohol or drug use disorder.
YZ-5000Mental Health Issues Definition
Programs that provide information and/or services that deal with the topic of mental health/mental illness.