Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS)
540 Cedar St, St. Paul, MN, 55155
Offers trainings and conferences on policies and innovations in the field of aging. It helps eligible seniors pay for services so that they can stay in their homes and provides services that protect vulnerable older adults from maltreatment and abuse. Working with others, it provides a wide variety of alternative care services for older adults living in the community, including:
* Adult day services
* Case management
* Chore services
* Companion services
* Consumer directed community supports
* Family caregiver support services, including respite
* Home health aides
* Home delivered meals
* Homemaker services
* Home and vehicle modifications
* Individual Community Living Supports (ICLS)
* Non-medical transportation
* Nutrition services
* Personal emergency response systems
* Personal care assistance
* Skilled nursing visits
* Specialized equipment and supplies
For more information about aging programs, call Aging and Adult Services at (651) 431-2600, or the Senior LinkAge Line at (800) 333-2433, or contact your local county or tribal human services office.
To report suspected maltreatment of a vulnerable adult, call (844) 880-1574.
|Main - DHS Information Desk||(651) 431-2000|
|Speech-to-Speech relay||(877) 627-3848|
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- Adult Mental Health Programs and Services
- Adult Protection
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division
- Caregiver Education and Training – Online Dementia Training
- Child Protection
- Child Support Division
- Children's Mental Health Programs
- Economic Assistance and Food Programs
- Find a Children's Therapeutic Services and Support (CTSS) Provider
- Find a State Approved Gambling Treatment Provider
- Foster Care
- Housing Benefits 101 (HB101)
- Housing Services
- Long Term Services and Supports for People with Disabilities
- Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP)
- Minnesota Senior Health Options (MSHO) and Minnesota Senior Care Plus (MSC+)
- Nursing Home Programs
- Prepaid Medical Assistance Program (PMAP)
- Special Needs BasicCare (SNBC)
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
HH-0500.1600-650Professional Continuing Education Definition
Programs, usually offered as adjuncts to community college, college or university programs but also through other community organizations that have made arrangements with an educational institution to grant continuing education credits (CEU's), that provide courses which focus on improving the professional skills of participants. Students receive no academic credit for their work but may be able to use earned credits to advance in their careers.
TD-0300.8000State Government Agencies/Departments Definition
The principal executive divisions of state government in the United States including state offices, departments, divisions, bureaus, boards and commissions, that are responsible, by law, for the management and control of public business and property.
TD-1200.2500Governmental Contracts/Grants Offices Definition
City, county, state or federal government offices that are responsible for handling grants and contracts for the provision of services.
TD-6500Planning/Coordinating/Advisory Groups Definition
Governing boards, advisory boards, commissions, committees and other groups that provide advice, guidance and, in some cases, formal oversight, for public and private organizations that are responsible for the provision of services to the community; that assess existing social conditions and problems and develop and assist in the implementation of specific strategies for meeting the human service needs of the community; and/or which assist community agencies and organizations to coordinate the provision of services in an efficient, nonduplicative way. Also included are entities that are composed of community agencies which have an established networking relationship that provides a collaborative approach to addressing specific identified community needs and problems.
YZ-6100Older Adult/Aging Issues Definition
Programs that provide information and/or services that deal with the topic of older adults and their interests.