Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS)
Ombudsman for Public Managed Health Care Programs
Ombudsman for Public Managed Health Care Program Office
PO Box 64249, St. Paul, MN, 55164
The ombudsmen offers help to people who are enrolled in a health plan for their Medical Assistance (MA) or MinnesotaCare benefits:
* Negotiates with your health plan to help you get the care you need
* Investigates complaints regarding access, service, or billing problems
* Provides education on navigating the health care system
* Informs members about their rights and processes for filing a grievance, health plan appeal, and state appeal
- Medicaid (Medical Assistance)
- People with low income
Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare managed care products:
* Families and Children - Prepaid Medical Assistance Plan (PMAP)
* Special Needs BasicCare (SNBC)
* Minnesota Senior Care Plus (MSC+)
* Minnesota Senior Health Options (MSHO)
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
This provider does not offer other services or resources at this location.
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
DD-1500.4150-800State Government Complaints/Ombudsman Offices Definition
Programs such as governmental, departmental or nonprofit ombudsman offices that provide assistance for people who want to register complaints about or have other issues which relate to the activities, actions or lack of action by public officials or civil service employees in state government offices or the agencies they regulate and/or fund. Also included are programs that handle complaints about the availability and quality of state government services. The program provides an objective, neutral and independent review of complaints; offers reasonable remedies when complaints are substantiated; and uses information from the complaints and the investigations they trigger to identify and resolve problems within the agency or department and improve services.
NL-5000.8000-800State/Local Health Insurance Program Appeals/Complaints Definition
State or locally administered programs that are responsible for hearing appeals and resolving complaints that have been filed by people who have applied for or are receiving state/local health care insurance and believe that they have been discriminated against, that their rights have been violated or that the health insurance program has failed to take appropriate action with respect to their application or benefits.