Northeast Minnesota Office of Job Training
Minnesota CareerForce Center - Duluth
402 W 1st St, Duluth, MN, 55802-1516
Distance: 470 Miles
Employment preparation and career training program that provides experience or vocational education for the work associated with a certain type of job
This program helps workers get back to work as quickly as possible after a lay off. If you have been laid off (or notified that a lay-off is coming) through no fault of your own, these free services prepare you to find a suitable new job.
- Older adults
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Duluth and surrounding area
- Minnesota CareerForce Center - Aitkin 20 3rd St NE, Aitkin, MN, 56431-1422
- Minnesota CareerForce Center - Cloquet 14 N 11th St, Ste 140, Cloquet, MN, 55720-1652
- Minnesota CareerForce Center - Duluth (Lake Superior College) 2101 Trinity Rd, Lake Superior College, Duluth, MN, 55811-3349
- Minnesota CareerForce Center - Grand Rapids 1215 SE 2nd Ave, Grand Rapids, MN, 55744-3982
- Minnesota CareerForce Center - Hibbing 3920 13th Ave E, Hibbing, MN, 55746-3675
- Minnesota CareerForce Center - International Falls 1501 Highway 71, Rm SC128, Rainy River Community College, International Falls, MN, 56649-2160
- Northeast Minnesota Office of Job Training 820 9th St N, Ste 250, Virginia, MN, 55792-2346
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
ND-2000.3480Job Retraining Definition
Programs that provide training that is designed to enable employees to perform a job that their previous training has not equipped them for or to adapt to changes in the workplace. Retraining may be needed when new methods or equipment are introduced or when jobs for which employees have trained are phased out. It may also be provided by employers or governments for employees who have been laid off and are no longer able to find employment using the skills they already possess. The need for retraining may arise because of a decline in a particular industry sector or because of rapid technological change.
ND-3500Job Finding Assistance Definition
Programs that help people identify and secure paid employment opportunities that match their aptitude, qualifications, experience and interests.
ND-6500.1860Displaced Worker Employment Programs Definition
Programs that provide vocational assessment, job development, job training, job search, job placement, specialized job situations and/or other supportive services for individuals who are unable to continue in a particular job, industry or profession because the needs of society have changed and the person's skills are no longer required. Included are services for people who have been permanently laid off because of plant closings, outsourcing of jobs to other countries, reductions in the work force, declines in business activities and other factors in situations where reemployment within their industry is unlikely.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.
YL-3500.1910Displaced Workers Definition
Individuals who are unable to continue in a particular job, industry or profession because the needs of society have changed and the person's skills are no longer required.