Rebuilding Together Minnesota
Home Repair and Maintenance
1050 33rd Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN, 55414
Distance: 1512 Miles
Provides minor indoor and/or outdoor home repair and maintenance or handyman work to help keep homes safe.
Volunteer-delivered repairs including but not limited to:
* Installing flooring
* Home repair, including roof work
* Patching and painting
* Window repair
* Repair or replacement of essential systems, such as Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC), electrical, plumbing, and roofs that are critical to healthy, livable homes
This agency cannot provide immediate repairs.
- Free / no cost to eligible clients
- Children and/or youth with disabilities
- Older adults
- Older adults with disabilities
- People with low income
To be eligible you must:
* Own and live in your own home
* Have homeowners insurance and be up-to-date with mortgage and tax payments
* Live in Minnesota
* Have a household income that is at or below 50% of the area median income. Determination is based on household size.
* Have at least one household member who is an older adult (55+) or is living with a disability a child under 18 or an active or retired member of the armed services
* Applicant must plan to remain in their home for at least 5 years
If you have questions or would like an application mailed to you, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (651) 776-4273.
This service is free for qualified homeowners
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-3000.3500-700Ramp Construction Services Definition
Programs that provide assistance in the form of labor and supplies for people with disabilities who need to modify multilevel homes or homes that have entrances preceded by steps in order to make them accessible by installing sloping walkways which transcend the levels.
PH-3300.2750-250General Minor Home Repair Programs Definition
Programs that provide a variety of minor home repair services for homeowners who qualify. Specific services vary by organization but include such things as fixing leaky pipes and faucets; clearing clogged drains; replacing broken switches, sockets and electrical fixtures; changing light bulbs; fixing or replacing door locks and handles; replacing broken screen doors or window panes; installing smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and changing batteries; making minor repairs on stair treads; replacing carpet threshold strips; and replacing furnace filters.
PH-3300.2750-300House Painting Definition
Programs that provide labor and/or supplies for people who need to paint the interiors or exteriors of their homes as part of routine, ongoing maintenance.
PH-3300.2750-720Roof Maintenance/Repair Definition
Programs that offer the services of individuals who inspect roofs for broken or missing shingles, apply new shingles, locate and fix leaks, winterize and waterproof the roof, remove moss or algae and accumulated debris, check the flashings and joints for holes or deterioration, and make minor repairs.
PH-3300.2750-800Storm Window/Shutter Installation/Removal Definition
Programs that offer the services of individuals who install special window coverings that prevent damage to the windows and insulate the home during cold or inclement weather and remove them at the end of the season.