Safe Haven Shelter and Resource Center
Support Group - Domestic Violence
Safe Haven Shelter
PO Box 3558, Duluth, MN, 55803-3558
Distance: 1013 Miles
Group of people that meet on a regular basis to share their experiences and provide mutual support
Offers a variety of support groups and classes for women
* Healing Circle: The Healing Circle allows survivors of domestic violence a place to find support for their feelings and experiences in a safe, confidential, non-judgmental manner.
* Healing Steps: This 32-week closed group is open every 8 weeks to allow new community members to join.
* General Educational Development (GED) Assistance
* Women's Empowerment Circle: This group offers support and encouragement for women who are survivors of domestic violence.
There are no fees for this service.
Primarily serves Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake and St. Louis Counties but will serve women in all 50 states.
|Crisis Line||(218) 728-6481|
|Toll Free||(877) 880-3094|
- Safe Haven Resource Center 414 W 1st St, Duluth, MN, 55802-1679
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
PN-8100.0200-180Domestic Violence Support Groups Definition
Mutual support groups whose members are individuals who have been involved in physical or emotional abuse involving a spouse or other partner. The groups meet in-person, by telephone or via the Internet; provide emotional support, information and resources for those who participate; and may be structured for victims of domestic violence or those responsible for battering them.
YX-0300.0190Abused Women Definition
Adult women who have been subjected to a persistent pattern of physical, sexual and/or emotional abuse and intimidation by their husbands or intimate partners.
YZ-1750Domestic Violence Issues Definition
Programs that provide information and/or services that deal with the topic of domestic violence, i.e., spouse/partner abuse.