Senior Community Services
Chore Services - Yard Work, Snow Removal, Handyman, Home Repair, Cleaning (HOME Program)
10201 Wayzata Blvd, Ste 335, Minnetonka, MN, 55305
Chore Services include help to keep your home clean, sanitary, and safe. These services are more heavy-duty than homemaker services.
Provides affordable homemaking, home maintenance, yard work and snow removal services. Services are provided by paid hourly staff, volunteers and skilled workers.
* Change light bulbs and furnace filters
* General maintenance and repair
* Install grab bars
* Minor plumbing repairs
* Minor electrical repairs
* Check carbon monoxide/smoke detectors, and battery replacement
* Hang wall decorations/mirrors
* Minor carpentry
* Indoor painting
* Lawn mowing
* Seasonal yard work, raking, spring yard cleanup
* Window washing
* Exterior painting
* Snow removal
* Weeding and gardening
* Light outdoor chores
* Sweep, vacuum & mop floors
* Clean kitchen & bathroom surfaces
* Laundry & change bed linens
* Grocery shopping
* General errands
About This Location
* Moving large furniture
* Snow removal
* Dumpster rental or refuse disposal
* Extermination and pest control
* General indoor and outdoor home maintenance - snow removal, lawn care, etc.
* Grocery delivery
* Heavy household chores - securing loose rugs, washing floors, windows and walls
* Moving or removing large household items and heavy appliances in order to provide safe access to and exit from the home
* Packing the person's belongings
* Rearranging or securing household items in order to prevent injuries or falls
If you have waiver, Alternative Care (AC) or Essential Community Supports (ECS) program funding, the service plan (based on an assessment of your needs) determines which services are funded through your waiver or program
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers, AC or ECS program in the Community-Based Services Manual.
At Home Services
- Alternative Care Waiver (AC)
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
- Essential Community Supports (ECS)
- Private pay
- Sliding fee scale
- Title III
Anybody aged 60 and over, regardless of income, residing in the service area.
Services cover the cities of: Albertville, Big Lake, Bloomington, Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, Buffalo, Champlin, Crystal, Deephaven, Eden Prairie, Edina, Elk River, Excelsior, Golden Valley, Greenwood, Hanover, Hopkins, Long Lake, Maple Grove, Medicine Lake, Minneapolis, Minnetonka, Minnetonka Beach, Monticello, Mound, New Hope, Orono, Osseo, Otsego, Plymouth, Richfield, Robbinsdale, Rockford, Rogers, Shorewood, Spring Park, St. Michael, St. Louis Park, Tonka Bay, Wayzata, and Woodland.
Offers services based on a sliding fee scale. This means seniors contribute to the cost of the service based on their monthly income and ability to pay.
Title III grant funding is available for Hennepin, Carver, Sherburne and Wright county residents.
8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
PH-3300.1800Errand Running/Shopping Assistance Definition
Programs that offer the services of individuals who are available to make short trips to purchase groceries, pick up prescriptions, withdraw or deposit money in the bank, drop off or retrieve laundry and do other small tasks for older adults, people with disabilities and other individuals who cannot leave their homes or are otherwise unable or prefer not to perform these tasks for themselves.
PH-3300.2750Home Maintenance and Minor Repair Services Definition
Programs that provide assistance for people who need to do routine maintenance on their homes or make minor repairs.
PH-3300.3100Housekeeping Assistance Definition
Programs that offer the services of workers who go into people's homes and help with house cleaning chores.
PH-3300.6900Residential Snow Shoveling Definition
Programs that provide or pay for the removal of snow from the front sidewalks and driveways of people who need or want this service. In some jurisdictions, residents are required to keep the sidewalk in front of their homes clear of ice and snow as a safety precaution.
PH-3300.9750-450General Yard Work Definition
Programs that pay for or provide leaf raking, lawn care (including mowing, hedging and weeding) and general yard cleanup services (including trash and other debris removal) for people who need or want assistance.