United States Department of State (DOS)
Information and Support - International Travel
2201 C St NW, Washington, DC, 20520-0099
Distance: 1231 Miles
Learn more about a specific topic and how to connect to additional services.
The US Department of State (DOS) Office of American Citizens Services (ACS) and Crisis Management administers the Consular Information Program, which informs the public of conditions abroad that may affect their safety and security.
Country-specific information, travel alerts, and travel warnings are vital parts of this program.
Travelers can use online tools to:
* Plan travel or a move overseas
* Get information for every country in the world for Americans traveling to other countries
* Share itinerary and contact information with the consulate in case of emergency through the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at: https://step.state.gov/step
* View current travel information, warnings, and vaccine recommendations and sign up for regular updates
* Read travel fact sheets and tips for travelling or living abroad
* Connect with the consulate or get help from American Citizens Services and Crisis Management, which helps Americans abroad in situations of arrest/detention, death, loans to people who are stuck destitute abroad, medical assistance, disaster assistance, and welfare/whereabouts inquiries from families or friends
* Find information about passports
* How to get insurance coverage
* Traveler's checklists
All Counties in Minnesota
|Emergency - Information for American Travelers||(888) 407-4747|
|Main - Passport Information||(877) 487-2778|
|Main - Switchboard - US Department of State||(202) 647-4000|
|Main - Visa Information||(202) 663-1225|
|TTY - Passport Information||(888) 874-7793|
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
This provider does not offer other services or resources at this location.
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BT-8750.3300International Travel Advisories Definition
Programs that provide information to the public regarding health risks, political instability and other conditions abroad which may affect an individual's decision to travel.
Offices that issue passports, i.e., documents which identify citizens, which serve as written authorization from government authorities for citizens to travel abroad and which, in effect, request foreign powers to allow bearers to enter and pass freely and safely.
TJ-3000.8000Specialized Information and Referral Definition
Programs that maintain information about community resources that are appropriate for a specific target group or human services sector (for example, youth programs or addiction services) and which link individuals who are in need of specialized services with appropriate resources and/or which provide information about community agencies and organizations that offer specialized services.
YE-1450.9000-900United States Citizens Abroad Definition
Citizens of the United States who are living, working, traveling or incarcerated in another country.
YE-2000.1900Foreign Business Travelers Definition
Foreign nationals coming temporarily to the country to engage in commercial transactions which do not involve gainful employment in that country, i.e., individuals who are engaged in international commerce on behalf of a foreign firm, who receive no salary from sources within the country they are visiting and who are not employed in that country's labor market.
People whose permanent places of residence are elsewhere and who are visiting a particular community or traveling through the community on their way to another destination. Included are motorists who are stranded due to a breakdown or other unforeseen problems.
YZ-3500International Issues Definition
Programs that provide information and/or services that deal with the topics of international development, international relations, international relief or other issues that are international in character.