West Central Minnesota Communities Action, Inc.
HUD-Approved Housing Counseling
411 Industrial Park Blvd, Elbow Lake, MN, 56531-4213
Distance: 1119 Miles
Housing and Urban Development (HUD)-approved housing counseling is for consumers who are seeking, financing, maintaining, renting or owning a home. The sessions help consumers make responsible housing choices in light of their needs and financial situation. Housing counselors educate first-time home buyers about financing options. Counselors also help anyone who wants to (or already does) rent or own a home, to make their rent or mortgage payments and to be a responsible tenant or owner.
Counselors who provide this service are trained and approved by HUD.
West Central Minnesota Communities Action is a community action agency.
About This Location
This agency provides the following counseling services:
* Pre-purchase Counseling
* Pre-purchase Homebuyer Education Workshops
Licenses and Certifications
- Community Action Partnership
Individuals, families or groups who are tenants, homeowners, homeless or homebuyers, may receive counseling from HUD-approved and HUD-funded housing counseling agencies.
Free or low cost
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Primarily serves Douglas, Grant, Pope, Stevens, and Traverse counties
|FAX - Energy Assistance||(218) 685-6742|
|FAX - General||(218) 685-6741|
|Toll Free||(800) 492-4805|
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- Affordable Housing Program
- Early Head Start
- Emergency Shelter
- Energy Assistance Program
- Family Assets for Independence in Minnesota (FAIM)
- Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP)
- Family Loan Program
- Foreclosure Avoidance Counseling
- Head Start
- Help Paying for Basic Needs
- Home Accessibility Modification
- Home Repair Financial Assistance
- Minnesota Urban and Rural Homesteading (MURL)
- Rehabilitation Loans - Small Cities Housing
- SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access and Recovery (SOAR)
- Weatherization Assistance Program
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-3700.3200HUD Approved Counseling Agencies Definition
Agencies funded by the federal Office of Housing and Urban Development to provide prepurchase and mortgage default counseling, home equity conversion (reverse mortgage) counseling and information about the HUD rent assistance program for current and prospective purchasers and tenants.